1. So later this week I get to write an exam in Calgary and then do a full day practical to complete my Certified Exercise Physiologist designation. I’ll say it right now. I HATE THIS COURSE. I just want it to be over. It’s cost me $2000, plus lost wages from weekend courses, plus travel expenses for two full weekends in Calgary, non-expensible. That and the fact that I pretty much slept through the musculoskeletal unit. I showed the prof my slides for the Post-Rehab course I teach, and a PhD in physiotherapy who called himself “a low talker, a slow talker, and very monotonic,” told me my slides were a lot better than his, covering much of the same material!!
I am going to party once this damned course is over the only way I know how. I’m going to sand and stain baseboards and play with power tools while trying to exert my manhood all over some basic carpentry. You hear that house? I’m a man!! I’m gonna affix some wood to your walls!! Take that!!
2. This should be standard viewing for any and all fitness professionals on what CrossFit looks like to outsiders.
I know so many people like these two it’s actually incredibly funny.
3. Lindsay and I watched “Harold and Kumar go to White Castle” this weekend.
When I mentioned this to a client yesterday morning, he responded by saying “and now Kumar’s in the White House.” I also found it funny that he was on the tv show House, and then I had the most amazing epiphany of my life.
White House (shaped like a castle)!!!!! It all makes sense!!!
The world will completely implode upon itself when the knowledge of this situation is released!!! But wait, did he just think this up when he was high? “So I was in White Castle, then House. Geez, I should go work in the White House.” Can’t you spot the amazing series of events here?
On top of that, Dougie Howser himself, NPH, once worked out in our gym for a few weeks while filming a movie in Edmonton. He’s kinda short. And has terrible form on his overhead lunges.
We got Bandit 5 years ago and he’s been nothing but a ball of happiness and occasional pooping in the house for us ever since.
6. Muscle Imbalances Revealed has been getting crazy good reviews from a lot of really big names, not to mention a bunch of regular joes and bro’z who’ve found the information incredibly useful and helpful for themselves and their personal training clients. You should get a copy too!! Click Here to check it out.
5. Mark Young has a pretty cool offer going. For simply signing up for his email list, he’ll send you interviews he’s done with countless top pros in the fitness industry talking about core function and how to get the most bang for your workout buck, all for free. This is like the guy who made Facebook giving away the secret to how they put the caramel in the Caramilk bar. I think. Or did he make the Delorian go up to 1.21 gigawatts? Oh man, I gotta stop studying soon. Just click on the link and check it out, will ya?
I did forget to add in one component to the piece, though. In the formula for speed, it should read more like speed = (triple extension acceleration x triple flexion acceleration) divided by rate of turnover. Don’t I feel stoopid for missing that one!!
7. I may not get another chance to post anything this week as I’ll be ass deep in books and notes and stuff like that. But in the meantime, leave me a comment to let me know if there’s any kind of topic you’d like me to discuss in the future.
Have a great week!!