1. A client emailed me this video and said that 0:20-0:27 reminded me of him:
I gotta say, I figured it would have been 0:28-0:33, knowing me.
2. Quote of the week.
Me to a client: “Hey great job on that last set. You moved way better than a retarded donkey. Now let’s try to speed it up a little.”
3. On-line product of the week: Mike Boyle’s Body By Boyle.
4. Sorry to say, but the RoughRiders lost this past weekend. For anyone living outside of Canada (or outside of Saskatchewan) life will surely go on as normal. For everyone who has ever resided in the 306, their lives will be forever changed. At least we can say that Calgary didn’t even make it in, because the old addage still stands: “ABC, Anyone But Calgary.”
5. Book I’m Currently Reading In The Bathroom:
Made To Stick, By Chip and Dan Heath
It’s a pretty good book about what it takes to make an idea one that becomes viral, and how to develop a marketing plan to hit everyone over the head and make them say “Holy Hell!!! I needs me one of that/those!!
6. Book I have on Order and will either love or want to kick the author in the face for wasting my time and money: The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman by Timothy Ferriss
I’m not too sure about this one. This is the guy who wrote The 4-Hour Workweek, which became a best seller, and quite honestly was a very interesting read. Essentially, here’s a guy with no formal education in exercise physiology, biochemistry, or any science-based teachings, who conducted what he calls “experiments” on his own body to see if he could get rapid fat loss, rapid muscle gain, and vice versa while not killing himself. To his credit, he did research a lot before conducting these experiments, and met with a bunch of smart people to get their guideance, but with a sample size of only one person, it’s hard to believe that the program he put himself on would be of any benefit. Once I give it a read-through, I’ll let you know what I think, be it by tearing it apart or praising the holy hell out of it.
7. Favorite Blog Post by Someone other than Me: Deadlifts are the worst thing you can do for your spine by Tony Gentilcore.
A question answered by a TA (no doubt one with Coke bottle glasses and a sense of irony about his goatee, as well as his gut) about whether deadlifts are good for you takes a monumental journey through all that is PWNage in the realm of deadlifting.
8. Favorite video of the week:
The title speaks for itself: Girls in bikinis quoting Shakespeare.
9. Favorite Fitness-related video of the week:
Nothing says “You’re doing it wrong” to a guy doing quarter squats than a much smaller girl droppin it like it’s hot right beside him, and TOTALLY out squatting him, plus making him man-parts shrivel in pure contempt:
I figure that’s enough randomness for the week. If I were anymore random, I’d….ohh shiny things!!!!