With the week in full swing, I thought I’d share some of my favorite reads from other sites that I read to pretend I’m busy at work. “Yeah, deep in research here, no time to chat. Uh, yeah!!”
1. Monday Motivation: The Secret – Ben Bruno – A great read about a client who would not accept failure, and turned weight loss into pretty much a full-time job
2. 34 years, 34 Favorite Things – Tony Gentilcore – Amazing to think this guy has made it 34 years, but he’s probably the coolest writer out there, and he even listed me as one of his favorite things. Read into it what you want.
3. Blaming the System – Jeff Cubos – A local from the frozen tundra of Central Alberta, Jeff is definitely one of the smartest bloggers I’ve been reading. This post examines the value of assessments and when and how they should be used.
4. Rotary Training for Bad A$$es – Bret Contreras – Bret is awesome. Plain and simple. This post looks at how to involve rotation into power training for maximal strength.
5. Your Facility is What You Make of It – Kevin Larrabee – Being an employee of a “Globo Gym,” I always take a measure of offence when people make fun of health club trainers. I’ve seen more than my share of trainers who don’t know their ass from their acetabulum open their own studios because they didn’t make it in a commercial facility, and I’ve seen just as many ridiculously bright trainers working in health clubs and private studios. I like Kevin’s approach to most things, and think his approach here, of making the best of your situation, could apply to professional locale as well.
6. A Great Review of BodyByBoyle Online – Mike Boyle – Gratuitous self-promo of something I said making it to Mike Boyle’s blog? Yes. But it’s Mike Freakin Boyle sharing my comments about his site BobyByBoyle online!! If you still haven’t checked this out, YOU NEED TO!!!