The coolest thing about reading blogs from different people in different parts of the world is finding out what they are doing that normally wouldn’t get shown anywhere else. The creativity of a trainer is one of the things that makes them such an indispensable resource and learning tool. To be honest, I’ve probably changed my thought process about a bunch of things a dozen times in the course of the past year simply because of what I’ve been reading from others. That, and many of them will make you laugh until your kidneys shift. So here is the best of the best from the past few weeks, in no particular order or rank.
1. Periodization is Not an OutDated or Stupid Concept – Bret Contreras.
2. All Young Athletes are “Injured” – Even if they don’t know it – Eric Cressey.
4. Exercises you Should be Doing – GODDAMMIT ERIC!! – Tony Gentilcore with cameo from EC
5. Birth of a Hybrid Strength Coach – Mark Young.
6. Assessing Credibility in the Internet Age – Michael Boyle
7. 7 Keys of Balloon Core Theory – Chris Collins via Mike Robertson
8. The Truth about Bodybuilding Genetics – Bret Contreras via T-Nation
9. 5 Simple Ways to Break Training Ruts – Charles Poloquin
10. This one’s actually a book, and a pretty good one too!! The 4 Hour Body – Tim Ferriss. The book sells in stores for $30 CDN, and sells for $14 on Amazon. Get 2 or three other books to save on shipping costs, and it’s the best deal you’ll get in January.