That’s right, folks. ME!!
1. This is about the only good use for standing on stability balls.
It’s sort of like a Darwinian survival of the fittest, you know, trying to weed out those who shouldn’t breed by giving them massive head injuries.
2. I know you’re probably asking yourself “Hey Dean, what happened to that 400 pound deadlift you were trying for??” Well, to be honest, I got close to it, (385), but I felt I needed a break. From August until Christmas, my focus had been on getting a bigger deadlift, and the cumulative pounding my back and hips took from 5 months of power training left me feeling burnt out and in need of some re-balancing, so I’ve put it off until March when I’ll make another push for it. Who knows? I might go for 5 bills later this year.
To give you a breakdown of my training schedule for the next year, its’ going to go something like this:
January – February: metabolic conditioning (experiment) and corrective exercises
March – May: Deadlift city, population: ME
June – August: Operation prepare-for-wedding-by-getting-shredded-like-Shredder
September – October: Ninja school.
November – December: Destroy ninja school
3. Is it just me, or does Ted Williams (the homeless guy with the golden pipes) kinda look like he could be Barrack Obama’s uncle??
4. This is proof-positive that our society is set up to reward the ignorant, self-interested, and gullible people among us.
It’s because of people like her that we need to have signs at the zoo reminding us not to try to pet the animals.
5. I was picking the Bears and Steelers to make it to the Superbowl. One out of two isn’t bad, I guess. Sorry Joe, the Jets just didn’t have it this year.
On a related story, the Oilers still suck. I thin the coach needs to break out some “Old School” on the new guys.
6. Jack LaLanne, the human embodiment of the fitness industry, passed away this past weekend. If you’ve ever done a squat, pushup, or ran an interval in your life, this man was the driving force behind it. The Jumping Jack is named after him, which means he makes everything you’ve ever done seem silly by comparison. Respect.